Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Insanity decreased

Life has been so much more manageable with two children in school.


Amberly is in fourth grade and has Miss Hamblin.
(Amberly's 1st day of school)

Skyler is in first grade and has Miss Coombs.
(Skyler's first day of school)

Both have really enjoyed it - Yeah!!!!!!! Last year Skyler came home from the first day of Kindergarten and said "Now that I know what school is like, it's actually pretty boring!"

So....I am thrilled that she says school is awesome this year. Through good behavior, the class earned a pet rabbit. That has made her so excited. She came home everyday either sad or happy that they had lost a point or gained a point. THANK GOODNESS they earned all their points and earned the class rabbit.
And yes, now we are thinking of getting a rabbit and yes, I am slowly losing my mind. First a hamster, now a rabbit.....so not me. Somehow Skyler has this animal gene in her. Every other word is "can we get a rabbit....can we get a rabbit.....can we get a rabbit." Before it was can we get a cat....can we get a cat.....can we get a cat." To put it nicely, I do not like cats and the cat who keeps pooping in my backyard is not helping matters.
*
Side Note: I am psychic (not psycho - although that's probably true too)
We had a little hamster, Wendy. One night I went to bed and dreamt that Wendy died. I woke up in the middle of the night and said "Burke, I think Wendy is dead." He mumbled something and ignored me. The next morning, Wendy had died, poor thing. Burke gave her a proper burial and not too long after he and the kids went out and bought Stripes the hamster aka Wendy Junior.

*

Today was crazy hair day at school. Lots of fun!
Skyler is the flower pot and Amberly is the rainbow.
Yes, we like to give our hair themes


OTHER EVENTS THAT YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR ABOUT:

* Coaching soccer has been a blast!

* Primary Barbecue was great. We had about 80 people over to our house - thanks everyone!

* I am so proud of Amberly. She is an awesome fullback - so fun to watch her play and so tempting to dress up like a 9 year old and jump on the field.

* So not liking 2 year old neighbors coming over to my house uninvited and using marker all over my walls. Who just lets their two year old roam - seriously people!

* Glad that bow hunting season is over for Burke and sad that he didn't get anything. He still had fun though - saw a skunk, a moose, an elk and apparently slept through a raccoon raiding their campsite.

* Celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on August 31st. I truly am blessed. Love ya hon! (not that he ever reads this.)

3 comments:

Janaca said...

Hey I saw you had a blog on facebook so I checked it out. Hope that's ok! That's great you have 2 in school . So nice to have a break I bet. Love the hair for crazy hair day! So fun.

Brittany Evans said...

JeriLynn! Your girls are so adorable. :) It was AWESOME to see your whole family at our wedding reception! I love you all so much. And yes, now we have a blog...not a super awesome one or anything, since I'm still learning. Haha but it's a blog! I hope you're all doing well. Love ya!

Unknown said...

These articles and blogs are genuinely sufficiency for me for a day. wordpress templates