Wednesday, August 19, 2009

No time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late

Sometimes I feel like that little rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.
This weeks been really good. Burke was gone bow hunting for four days. He didn't get anything except hypothermia. He and my brother in law (Burke's best friend - ya he owes us for setting him up with my sister - or maybe we owe him - just kiddin sis:)) both got caught in a rain/snow storm. They made it back to the truck where they warmed up and then went back to the tent climbed in their sleeping bags and took a four hour nap. Such a tough life! :) He says it was fun for him and I'm glad. He really looks forward to it and totally deserves a break.
Well, on Saturday we (me and the four kids) went shopping at University mall. I went to get my ring that was supposed to be done, but it wasn't. They had cut it off me a week previously because I couldn't get it off my finger. Anyway, a diamond had fallen out and they were supposed to fix it. Here's hoping for next week. We did some school clothes shopping and had a nice time. Afterwards we came home and went swimming in the pool for about 3 hours. The weather was a little cooler so it was just us and another family. It was really nice. I just hung out in the hot tub and soaked. Loving the pool this year! My kids are finally at ages that it is doable.
On Monday, the kids had about every neighbor on the planet over and they actually played really well YIPPEE. It was really nice. My visiting teachers came too and we had a fabulous visit. I love those ladies - thanks for being so awesome.
Tuesday is our soccer day. I'm coaching a 4 year old team and a 6 year old team. What the heck was I thinking? I probably wasn't - I am blonde:). Anyway, Amberly has practice at 4:30, Skyler at 5:00 and Kenadee at 6:00. So I'm holding Austin the entire practice because he has a molar coming in and is the biggest grump. He won't let me put him down for a second. It's driving me nutty. Meanwhile I'm trying to corral 6 and 4 year olds. Some are tired, some want to sit, some don't want to play, some want to chase butterfly's - you get the idea. Such fun! Thankfully Burke came and took Austin for the last practice and we really did have a lot of fun. Of course I had to let the girls use the pink ball, the boys use the black ball, allow them to do cartwheels. and we had a drink break every 5 minutes. They are seriously so cute and it really is a lot of fun. Oh, and did I mention Kenadee my 4 year old, is sitting on the sideline coloring in a neighbors coloring book because she's bored and doesn't want to practice. Good thing I love soccer! I said it doesn't bother me if the kids do it or not, but Burke said that was unacceptable - they have to like soccer :).
Today, I spent about 5 hours at the school between box top stuff and back to school night. I'm the Box Top coordinator and so wanted to get all that stuff out to the teachers and ready before back to school night tonight. Oh the joy of back to school night. So Burke doesn't get home until 6 and it's his birthday so I took all the gang to the school to meet the teachers. I think Austin cried the entire time. Besides chasing him around the room, him trying to climb on all the desks and chairs, him trying to pull the cord out of the lunchroom ladies computer (she said it had battery backup - thank you), stealing the other students candy bars off their welcome papers, and ripping about 5 letters off the teachers bulletin board - we had a great time - sigh :( Oh and did I mention we ran to the orthodontist, grocery store and copy store. During this time my children fought with each other and one proceeded to throw a shoe at me while I was driving down the road. I won't mention her name, but it rhymes with Bamberly. I pulled over to the side and told her to get out and walk because that was unacceptable (ya think?). She begged me no and we finally drove away, but it actually worked (for five seconds) - wow - I may have to use that again. I'm not sure what I would have done if she actually would have gotten out. Walking home from Target in A.F. probably wouldn't be feasible for a 9 year old. Anyway, after we left early from Back to School Night I came home and did the dishes and Burke cooked himself a birthday dinner, while I stuck candles in the store bought birthday cake! Ya, I'm a great wife ya'll. Happy Birthday Hon - I love ya.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

You are a totally amazing woman!

TJ said...

AWESOME...I will stop complaining now. Remember that time I actually DID get out and walk? you guys were all freaked out when you couldn't find me.....that was GREAT! ha ha ha