Sunday, August 9, 2009

Random

Yes, it's been a year. Honestly, I found blogging kind of boring (no offense fellow bloggers) it was hard for me not to judge myself by others wonderful blogs, sometimes there just a little too perfect - ya know what I mean. I know I'm a brat. Anyway, I want to start again just to jot down my ups and downs - more for myself to keep track and hopefully I don't annoy anyone that runs across it, so please don't be annoyed.

Yesterday was fabulous - I spent the day in Park City with Burke. We zip lined, took naps, ate at fancy restaurants, wandered around historic main. We almost bought an awesome painting - NOT - they were like $4,000 each - seriously people - I'm thinking of becoming an artist - if only I had that talent - darn. The zip line was way cool - not too scary, just fun! Of course I was wearing my usual flip flops so I stuffed them in the pocket and went barefooted (At least not barefoot and pregnant - phew!) In case you didn't know - my husband is amazing! I have no idea how I got so lucky - the Lord was REALLY looking out for me with that! We also watched Yes Man the movie - thought it was totally funny - maybe I'll start saying yes to everything - oh wait I already do (just kidding). I do seem to take on too much, but it's all good. Anyway, had to thank Trudy for watching the kiddos - she is an amazing Aunt - one that actually calls and volunteers to babysit and usually I have to turn down because I just have too many things going on. Anway, we had one free day and we said lets just do it even though it's not very long. Thanks Trudy and thanks for coming to church and filling in for a primary class - for some reason the kids still show up even when the teachers don't - strange :)

Took the kids (minus Amberly - she's out at the ranch) to Classic Skating on Friday - talk about a blast from the past. It was way fun trying to roller skate again - good thing I had the stroller to use or I would have been flat on my back. They tore the old waterslide down - Remember the S's (for those who knew our secret to watersliding fast). Anyway, the kids had a great time.

I was so thrilled with my backyard flower beds this Spring - just had to show off - the cutest part is of course Austin!

A quick note on my mom. She is finally done with her breast cancer treatments, but has had blood clots so that's been scary - I guess that happens a lot to chemo patients. She is amazing and has been so strong - I wish I could have been there for her more - she is so strong that you forget she has gone through so much. I Love you Mom you deserve a break!!!!!
My Mom and girls - My Mom is jealous of the woolly mammoths hair :)

Ade came to town and it was great to see her. We went to the Oquirrh Mt. Temple Open House and then to Red Robin - they gave us balloons and Skyler had some fun with it. :) If you call being pregnant fun!
Went to Vernal to a family reunion and had a great time - haven't been there for what seems like 10 years. Great to see some cousins and so glad Ade went with us cuz the cousins had a blast playing with each other. They made a huge pile of grass and jumped in it and then stuck it in the baseball backstop - yep cut grass - it was so fun to see their creativity - who needs toys. Thanks to Tami for watching Austin!!!! (Even if you did let him cry for 10 minutes :)
My mom took me and my sister, Ade, and families around a little tour of the homes she and my grandma grew up in and this picture is where my grandmother was born. Seriously, it's about the size of my bathroom. My kids were shocked. My sister was in the other van and when we pulled up she told us she had just joked with her husband "ya this is where my Mom was born ha ha" then we told her it was where grandma was born and she couldn't believe it. I bet it was easy to clean! :)


Well, obviously I can't catch up on everything. This summer has flown by - we've done a lot of fun little things - Took Amberly and Courtney to Trafalga go kart riding, 3D Motion Movies, minigolf. Went with Tami and gang to Seven Peaks - the wave pool was lots of fun! Out to the ranch a couple of times. Crazy fireworks at the Jensen's to celebrate Dad and Erica's B-days on the 24th of July (and Utah's b-day), and the kids riding the jeep around Tami's. Went to the Lavendar Farms in Mona, Utah came back smelling wonderful! Stopped and saw an old (young) friend Jodi along the way in Payson. Went to cub scout camp with the boys - lots of fun - I love my primary kids - seriously they are the best! Thanks to my Mom for watching my kids so I could go and thanks to Lindsey for all the hard work - I know she spent 20+ hours planning and preparing so we could go have fun. You're the best. We also had a fun pioneer activity - thanks to my fabulous presidency - you are the best - I love you all! Been swimming in our pool about 20 times - seriously a record for our family. It's been great and yes I'm ready for school to start again! Deep Breath

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Very fun summer!! Definitely not annoying! :) You are such a fun mom.

Mackenzie said...

So glad to see you blogging again!