Friday, August 14, 2009

Another day another dollar

Another day, another dollar. Oh wait, I don't get paid for my job, so I guess it's just another day.

Did you ever dream about what you were going to be when you grew up or what your life would be like. I didn't ever think I would be a stay at home mom. I was always the feminist that told the guy "why doesn't the man stay home and the women work, it's not fair!" It's funny how things change. Actually, I remember telling that to one date and he says "Ya! I would love that" - boy was that a turn off - that really made me evaluate myself.

I really don't think I'd change my life at all, but man somedays I don't feel cut out for this whole motherhood thing. Why didn't anyone REALLY tell me how hard it could be. I'm sure if they did I wouldn't have listened anyway.

I'm Tired...

*I'm tired of trying to get Austin to eat - I give him something and BAM! it becomes a speeding bullet off his tray onto the floor, the wall, or me.
*I'm tired of stepping on food every second in my kitchen because the process of fork to mouth is a missing gene in my family.
*I'm tired of my kids always wanting to play with friends and then me getting to spend the whole day breaking up fights between them, cleaning up after them, feeding them and babysitting them.
*I'm tired of kids saying "I don't want to play with you, and making my kids cry."
*I'm tired of being the disciplinarian.
*I'm tired of being told not to take it personal after I'm told I'm hated because they can't have an ice cream cone from the lovely ice cream truck or whatever other crazy reason.
*I'm tired of being wonder woman and failing.
and for the grand finale....
I'm tired of seeing these gross things in my yard - Yuck!


I Love......



*I love my husband for having a great attitude about working 12 hour days not because he loves to be away from us but because he loves us so much he does what he has to!
*I love tucking my kids in at night, saying prayers with them, rocking them, reading them books, hugging them.
*I love that I have a beautiful home to live in.
*I love that I have wonderful friends who don't give up on me even though I ignore their phone calls because I have kids screaming all around me and it's impossible to talk.
*I love Primary, even though I think about it WAY too much.
*I love sleeping - sadly it is one of my favorite things.
*I love my family because we are all sarcastic brats that think we are funny and we get each other. I love them even if we do keep a safe distance so as not too annoy each other too much.
*I love that I have great inlaws.
*I love working in my flower gardens even if they do look like I just threw a bunch of seeds down and they randomly grew. I love mowing the lawn.
*I love that the other day my Dad helped me build a deck while my husband cooked dinner for our family and a neighbor that just had a baby - Let me think......building something fun or cooking dinner for the thousandth time - which sounds more inviting? I'll give you a hint - it does not involve cooking! Side Note: the neighbor wrote the thankyou card to only me - because I am the woman and thus this is my job right? WRONG - I have an awesome husband!!!!!!!!
*I LOVE MY LIFE

1 comment:

TJ said...

Wow...very shocked to see an updated blog! Good job...and it is okay for kids to cry and he had a GREAT day with us! LOL