Monday, November 9, 2009

I GAVE MYSELF A TIME OUT!

TIME OUT FOR WOMEN - SWEET ASSURANCE

This last weekend I went to St. George with my sisters in law Nichole and Trudy and my Mom.


















We left Friday morning and spent they day chatting, eating, and shopping. That night we attended the Time Out for Women Conference. It was entitled Sweet Assurance. Hillary Weeks spoke to us the first day and was amazing, beautiful, funny, and touching. Check out this song she sang - too funny!

Hillary Weeks


There were a lot of wonderful speakers and singers.......


Kenneth Cope

"God likes broken things and not only does he like them, but he likes to use them."


Chieko Okazaki
"We don't have to be right to do right, and we don't have to look good to be good."


Mary Ellen Edmunds

"The pessimist sees goliath and says he is too huge, I can't beat him.
The optimist sees goliath and says he is too huge, I can't miss."

She spoke about how busy we are and how we have so many different to do lists and said...

"some days, we just want to be listless."

Emily Freeman
"The children who are the hardest, are making the most of me."

We all had a great time. After the Friday night session we went back to my parents vacation house. Me and my Mom shared a room so instead of sleeping we talked until 3 AM! Yes, 3 AM! We kept saying we better go to sleep, but it was just too fun. Usually, when my Mom calls I have 4 children screaming in the background or five thousand unimportant places to run or unimportant things to do, so we don't chat for very long. It was so awesome to catch up and just be friends. My mom is amazing. She has battled breast cancer for the last 6 months and is an inspiration to all of us. No matter how bad she felt she was always one tough cookie - I love ya Mom!









SHOWING GRATITUDE THROUGH OUR TRIALS
Just a quick note about our last enrichment. I am so glad I went even if it mean't dressing up :) It was a draining and rejuvinating experience. Thankyou R.S. Leaders for all your hard work! The speakers were amazing and I hope they know how much I appreciate them being honest with their feelings and opening up. As the speakers stated, many people don't understand others trials until they have been through them. They were so willing to share. I think the thing we want the most is to be understood, listened to and accepted. Anyway, it was a wonderful night and I love all the ladies that spoke! Thank you for letting me be part of your lives.

4 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Good for you to take a break!! That is fantastic! I have heard great things about these "Time Out for Women" meetings. Glad you were able to attend.

Janaca said...

What a great break! That sounds like such a fun time. Glad you could get away! Thanks for coming to the Gratitude night! I think it turned out great and really loved it myself too.

Adrienne said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you went and sounds like you had a lot of fun. Good for you!

Jamie said...

I saw you blog on Janaca's so I had to check it out! Its so cute and you are so funny! I'm totally jealous about the girl trip! It looked like so much fun!