Monday, November 2, 2009

Soccer - What Else?

Well, outdoor soccer has finished for a season. Amberly learned a ton being the youngest one on her team. She had a lot of fun. She loves playing fullback and her coaches put her as left fullback because she is a lefty like her dad.
Unfortunately, I only got to see a few of her games between coaching Skyler and Kenadee's teams and playing on my own women's league.
However......indoor soccer has started and Amberly's coaches have asked me to help coach - so fun!
I had a blast coaching Kenadee's team. The kids were SO cute. They had a blast playing "kick the coach" a game where we ran around inside a circle and they tried to get us with the ball. They were genuinely sweet kids and we had some VERY good 4 year olds - I think we slaughtered every team - I'm sure it had everything to do with the excellent coaching :) HA
It was great to spend time with Skyler too - she thinks maybe soccer is not her sport and she wants to try out gymnastics. I could see her being really good at that as she has been in dance before and is often used as the top of the pyramids etc.
For now we are enjoying down time - let me repeat that.
WE ARE ENJOYING DOWN TIME!!!!! WAHOOOO
My life has been seriously insane for the last two/three months. I know wa me - or as my family says - do we need to call the wambulance. Anyway, it has finally slowed down - I am sleeping again at night, I am eating, I am relaxing and reading to my kids, I am not a total grouch. Well, maybe that last one isn't quite true :) Either way I am just enjoying my family again instead of non stop rushing and doing. It has been much needed and enjoyed.

No comments: